The perfect destination for your Medical Travel experience
When you choose Portugal for your treatment or procedure, you choose distinguished and recognized medical professionals, internationally certified facilities, access to services 24x7, state-of-the-art technologies and techniques in several areas.
You also choose an access without waiting lists, to be treated in one of the safest countries in the world, with a rich and varied cultural offer, and to recover enjoying a mild and sunny climate, in an urban setting, near the beach, the river, or even the countryside. All just minutes away from each other.
Language barriers are not problem in Portugal.
Language barriers are not problem in Portugal. Almost all of those who work in the services sector speak English, French or Spanish. If needed Medical Port can also arrange translators and interpreters to support you in your contacts with the health care provider.
Access to medical solutions for those looking for health care in Portugal
Medical Port's mission is to provide adequate options for medical care to those looking for medical prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery in Portugal, through a simplified access to a group of selected private health care providers, Medical Port's Network, plus a complete service adjusted to each case and condition.
A quick, smooth and trouble-free process
A quick, smooth and trouble-free process Medical Port will be the only point of contact you will need during your Medical Travel experience. Since the beginning of the process we will make sure that your needs are well attended. We listen to your requirements, prepare you an adjusted offer, put you in contact with the physician for the pre-assessment stage, provide you a detailed travel plan, book your favorite hotel, a personal driver and a translator.
We will also plan and coordinate the medical care and the stay, and organize and manage all medical and non-medical services and bookings, ensuring that the entire process is simple, transparent and fast. When returning back home, we'll accompany you to the airport and set up a follow-up call with the physician.
Choose selected top hospitals and expert centers in Portugal
Medical Port has teamed up with a set of selected health care providers that congregate modern and differentiated private general hospitals alongside centers of excellence in specific medical fields – the Medical Port’s Network.
Health care providers in the Network are proud to offer you:
- The recognized experience and technical knowledge of their world-class medical teams
- The innovative techniques or technologies they possess, together with an eagerness to keep breaking new grounds in their areas of expertise
- Modern high-end facilities
- International accreditation by recognized entities such as JCI and FIFA
- A proven track record in safe and effective medical care
- Experience in hosting foreign clients.
To know more about providers within the Medical Port’s Network, please, click here.
Access to medical services in the vast majority of medical fields
By working with Medical Port’s Network, Medical Port ensures access to all medical services required in the vast majority of medical fields, ranging from radiotherapy and orthopedic surgery, to sports medicine and check-ups, including:
- Surgical and non-surgical treatments
- Integrated programs
- Second opinions.
Also, Medical Port will identify beforehand all supplementary care needed, that either complements or enables medical treatments required by the customer. For example, if a customer needs to submit to a surgical procedure, supplementary care may include:
- Face-to-face assessment and follow-up consultations with the surgeon
- Face-to-face assessment consultation with the anesthesiologist
- Prep-exams (blood, imaging or others)
- Dressing changes and wound inspections
- Remote eligibility assessments before displacement and follow-ups after arriving home.
To know more about fields of expertise and medical solutions available within Medical Port’s Network, please, click here.
Assess eligibility and options easily
A member of our team will collect your personal and health information, including existing medical reports. Together with our clinical advisor, they will pre-assess your eligibility for the procedure you required, verifying also the existing care solutions within Medical Port’s Network.
If doubts still subsist, you may also undertake a remote assessment consultation with the physician, by telephone, for a closer and deeper evaluation of your case, as well as a recommendation of the most appropriate course of action.
What is a remote consultation?
A remote consultation is the perfect opportunity to get in touch for the first time with the physician in charge of you case. You should use this consultation to clarify all your doubts about your condition, the best course of action in your case, the professional's experience and track record, undertaking the care away from home.
Remote appointments are scheduled by Medical Port and held by phone directly with the physician.
Unforeseen medical acts are those acts that you cannot predict, even after an initial assessment of your case by a medical professional. They may occur in various settings.
For example, within a gynecology consultation, you may need to submit to an ultrasound. Or within a hernia surgery, the physician might need to use a specific compression polypropylene net. In the first case, you should expect to pay additional medical acts after the consultation. In the second case, additional values may be subtracted to your deposit.
Travel with a family member or friend
Generally speaking, it is always advisable that you travel with a family member or friend for your Medical Travel experience. Medical Port will make all the necessary arrangements to ensure that both you and the person you travel with have a comfortable experience.
Accommodation, travelling and leisure services will not be a concern to those concentrating in their health and recovery.
Attractive touristic activities adapted to your health condition
Medical Port will provide you and your accompanying person with attractive touristic components adapted to your procedure and recovery plan. Either it’s an half-day tour in Lisbon or Oporto, a dreamy cruise or any other activity, we’ll make sure your time in Portugal is well spent. And we can also make the necessary arrangements and bookings for your arrival in Portugal.
On the detailed offer you received from Medical Port, terms and conditions will state timing for awarding and paying in advance.
Pricier procedures may be paid in two installments.
All bookings will nonetheless occur only after payment is confirmed.
When can I contact the phone support?
From Monday to Friday, office hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm GMT.
If you need to contact us outside of this schedule, please, send us an email to: email@example.com.
Adequate options for medical care
Medical Port’s mission is to provide adequate options for medical care to those looking for medical prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery in Portugal, through a simplified access to a group of selected private health care providers, the Medical Port’s Network, plus a complete service adjusted to each case and condition.
- Partners with a set of distinctive world-class health care providers congregating modern and differentiated private general hospitals alongside centers of excellence in specific medical fields – the Medical Port’s Network.
- Plans and coordinates the medical care and the stay, and organizes and manages all medical and non-medical services and bookings, while making sure that the entire process is simple, transparent and fast – Medical Port is the single point of contact for the medical travel experience.
- Process management guarantees that the customer never feels unaccompanied, unattended, unsure or unguided throughout the medical care. From the collection of personal and health information to the delivery of medical reports, or from the daily follow-up with the customer while at the hospital to using a support Phone Line, we will support you in all steps of your medical care.
So, by benefiting from Medical Port’s support, you will have access to:
- World-class professionals and their unique expertise and practice, as well as some of the most modern and renowned privately held health care units in Portugal
- Adequate, safe and effective medical services
- Preferred reservation dates Dedicated customer support services (such as concierge, translation and personal driver)
- A complete and adapted medical service plan, addressing each patient’s needs and medical condition in detail
- A single point of contact for all medical and non-medical services required
- Planning and coordination of the medical care and the stay
- Management of all relevant services and reservations
- A quick, transparent, and trouble-free process management
- A setting of privacy
- A local friendly environment